Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hummer vs Rusty Bumper

Okay, here goes...

So, the other day I was at work when one of my co-workers bumped into my truck with his Hummer. I've read, and do believe, that vehicles like the Hummer are causing a great deal of havoc around the world, but this is much more acute and much closer to home than I ever imagined. The damage was minimal and my rear bumper got the worst end of the deal. The side of the bumper was dented in and the tail light on that side was cracked as well.

After contacting his insurance company, I was asked if I needed my rental to be another truck or would a car suffice. I said that a car would be fine, thinking I haven't driven a car in years and I could use a break on gas. When I arrived to switch out my truck for the rental, I was suprised to be handed the keys to a Dodge Ram 4-door full sized truck. Now, this didn't really fit into my gas saving idea (although it is FlexFuel compatible), but who am I to complain.

I received the call yesterday updating me on the situation with my truck... remember it? They are replacing my rusty bumper with a brand new one, replacing the tail light and I think they may even be repainting one of the rear panels. This one has started to show the signs of rust creeping along under the paint. Woo Hoo!!!

Anyway... we're still watching Sopranos episodes. Season 5, Carmela just filed for divorce. I know it's the push to the end, but the plot is thickening even more!

No comments: