Thursday, April 17, 2008

Windy Cities and Fishing Flies

Okay, here goes...

So last weekend, Aubry and I flew up to Chicago for a visit with my brother and his partner Steve. This was a big trip as my Mom and Dad came too. This is the first time my Dad has visited my brother since he came out of the closet in 2000. To make a long story short, we had a great time. Everything went smoothly, we ate great food and caught up.

This coming weekend, Dad and I will drive to the far end of the state to take in the Virginia Flyfishing Festival. We are both really looking forward to it. And on Friday, Aubry's parents will fly into town and our parents will meet for the first time. Wow... what a week, huh?

Anyway, I lost the charger for my camera and didn't take any pictures while in Chi-town, so here are some pictures I found on the web of things we saw.



The Lincoln Park Conservatory. My Dad ended up giving in impromptu lecture on orchids while the docents looked on. They were not happy with this guest stealing their thunber. We beat a hasty retreat.


The Lincoln Park Zoo did not disapoint. We enjoyed it dispite the rain.


One of the best dinners I have ever had. Nuf said.


We just drove past Wrigley. A fan of the stadium, not the team. Go Red Sox!


My brother helped design this building. The Center On Halsted. We took a quick tour so he could show it off to my Dad. And showed me the chair I paid for/donated. Good times.

That's it...

No comments: