Thursday, June 19, 2008

Losing air

Okay, here goes...

You know how tired I was from my commute to work yesterday? Well, I nailed down one reason. Aside from pushing myself much harder than normal, my tires were way under-inflated. So, in classic fashion, I waited until this morning before leaving to try to fix the problem.

I pulled out my handy-dandy-on-sale-at-AutoZone air compressor to play bike mechanic. This is one of those cheap air compressors that is used to fill up pool rafts and floatees. Well after about 15 minutes of deflating the tires, then filling them, then wanting a little more air in them and deflating them again in the process... I got enough in there to get me to work.

After kissing a wet dog nose, I bolted out the door and down the street. About halfway down the next block, I realized that my back tire was in about the same shape as it had been to begin with. Luckily the front tire is much better off now and I wasn't as late as yesterday. So, I didn't have to push so hard.

Today's lesson is to be happy with what you got. Now excuse me while I go look for pretty new, fancy road bikes.

No comments: