Wednesday, July 9, 2008

At The Helm

Okay, here goes...

Let's get a bit more serious, shall we?

While most of us were drinking beer and eating grilled foods under the guise of celebrating our country's birthday, Senator Jesse Helms was drawing his last breaths. And I can't say I'm all that broken-up about it. Helm's was one of the last bigots to walk the halls of Washington; at least one of the last men to do so openly.

This past week I've been reading and hearing many of my fellow Americans go on and on about how great Jesse Helms was. Well, have you seen this re-election campaign TV ad? Take a look at this video he put out and tell me what you think.

Luckily, someone in the media has a descent pair of cajones. Once again, Roland S. Martin has hit the nail on the head with his article on Sen. Helms. If you're ever in need of a good, honest political commentary, you cannot go wrong with Martin. He seems to always say what I, and I'm sure a lot of Americans, are thinking. Be sure to read Martin's article, and any others that he writes. Good stuff.

No comments: