Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Good Days, Weird Dreams

Okay, here goes...

The past week, or so, since I last posted has been pretty good. All the plans for the trip to Jackson Hole are coming together. I picked up my snowboard from its spa treatment Saturday and ordered a bag online. We were going to knock around town visiting all the interesting stores we had always wanted step into, but after a few we decided to spend our day laying on the couch watching episodes of The Office on NetFlix. That ended up being a great decision... what a great way to recharge.

Sunday was a bit of a bust. I laid around and enjoyed not having anything to do for the first time in awhile. I did go get a cup of coffee and read the paper, but that was about it.

One thing of note was that I had a really odd dream last night. The first thing I remember is my dog coming in with a bee (similar to a honey bee) on her back. I didn't think much of it until, somehow, I started getting bees under my skin. I'm not sure how they got there but they really hurt until I smacked my arm and killed them. I don't remember them ever stinging me but the sensation of them crawling under my skin and the visual of the lumps on my arms moving was awfully unnerving.

I looked up what the dream means and bees are a sign of good luck. Which makes me happy that one was on my dog. However, if they sting, it can be a bad sign. Again, I don't remember them stinging but they did hurt like hell. I think there is an obvious 'under my skin' connotation but I'm not sure why luck or being busy and productive would annoy me. I do know I've been a little anxious and nervous about this trip to Jackson going off without a hitch. Perhaps thats why... I just hope it's not an omen sort of dream.

Anyway, I know my arms were itchy with that creepy-crawly feeling when I awoke.

Does anyone out there know anything about dreams? Can you fill me in on this one?

No comments: