Friday, December 21, 2007

Danzig and Lampoons


Okay, here goes...



After work yesterday, I helped Dad prepare chili in my crock pot. Then Aubry, Mom and I went to the mall so Mom could wrap up her shopping and I could get a new DVD player. Mine was swiped when my place was broken into a month or so ago. While we were waiting for Mom, Aubry challenged me to a game of chess. Fifteen minutes later, she was a bloody mess and begging to be put out of her misery. Good game, good game. Then I got my Mom to buy me a Danzig CD. If you knew my mother, you would understand why this was funny. Mom is a very conservative Christian. I told her the song 'Mother' was an ode to her.

Then I picked up a new pair of Nikes I've been eyeing for awhile. After that, we swung by Kelly's and I picked up one ticket to see Rob Zombie at the NorVA and two for Big Head Todd and The Monsters at the same place. I couldn't talk Aubry into going to the Rob Zombie show, but it's probably for the best as I wouldn't want to have to keep an eye on her. I know she can take up for herself, but that's the way I was brought up and, like my mother, I worry about people.

Anyway, then back home to eat that amazing chili and have a few beers. Once everything was cleaned up, I pulled the TV out of the closet and hooked up the DVD player. Then we watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I think it's tied with A Christmas Story for my all time favorite Christmas movie. Good times!
That was it... in bed by 10:30. I really needed sleep to try and kick this bug.

Stay cool!

No comments: