Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Under The Weather... Still.

Okay, here goes...

I feel not so good today. This cold that I picked up in Minnesota, that was in its final stages of death, has reemerged. And this time it means business. I'm going to try and work today but I'm not sure I'll last too long. I thought I had some DayQuil in my bag but I can't find it.

Aubry has either picked up the cold from me or is battling one of her own. Maybe she has a new one and I got that one from her, on top of the one I was already wrestling with. She's being smart and staying home to recoup. Not this guy.

We went out last night and picked out a tree for Aubry. Most of the spectacular trees in the parking lot of Taylor's hardware store had been either picked over or were beginning to defoliate. On the brightside, they were all marked down to $7. The stand cost her almost twice that. And then, the first stand we took home was broken and we had to return it.

After all that, the tree is up and looks very nice. It is always amazing to me how women can make things look nice without much effort. Maybe there's a class that girls get pulled away for during childhood where they teach them how to make lemonade out of poop. Guys are being pulled away to be taugh how to deal with spiders and shoot snot rockets and girls are getting the useful skills. I guess this helps them put up with a guy's crap and turn him into something worth holding on to.

While we're on the subject, I think girls are saints for being attracted to guys (or at least acting like they are). Most women spend their lives trying to smell good, be smooth and for the most part hairless, keep things neat and organized, so on and so on. And what do they get in return? Most of us guys don't smell great a lot of the time, are hairy (and only get more hairy over time) and would live in squalor if we knew no one would ever come over to the house.

Anyway... just a few things I think about.

Oh yeah... I get my dog back today.

Happy Hollandaise.

No comments: