Monday, December 24, 2007

Suffocating On A Good Day

Okay, here goes...

Well, today was good. Aubry and I had some time to ourselves, which was nice. We were able to sneak away to her apartment and wrapped a few presents and then ran some errands. I love my parents but they can be a little suffocating when they visit. My apartment is fairly small and I have all my stuff crammed in here already (I'm used to living in a house). When they show up, they bring a lot of crap and on top of that, buy a ton of shit when they get here.

Dad has been to the grocery store at least 4 times in the past 5 days. We've been to the wine shop about that many times too. I noticed the amount of garbage being produced out of my house the other day. I typically will empty my small, less than 5 gallon trash can once a week. I recycle and I take that out a couple times a month. With Mom and Dad here, the trash fills up daily. There is a pile of cardboard boxes on the back porch and the recycling is piled up in the kitchen to the point that if a homeless person broke in, they would steal all the cans and bottles over anything else. There's more money there than anywhere else in my apartment.

Anyway... we went out for dim sum Sunday morning. We ate dim sum and sum more and sum more. Good one, huh? Man that place is good. The Jade Villa in Virginia Beach. Good stuff.

I guess that's it... I had a good maduro cigar tonight with my scotch. Mmmm... that makes me happy.

Happy Holidays.

No comments: